Ohio will soon be “reopening” in stages, which means our office will be reopening as well. You may be wondering if there’s anything you need to know before scheduling your next appointment.
First, know that we will do everything we can to ensure your appointment is as safe as possible. We’ll be posting more information about the exact steps we’ll be taking in a future post. In addition to those changes, the ADA is recommending we screen patients with a few questions to maintain the safest environment, such as:
- Do you have a fever, or have you felt hot or feverish in the last 21 days?
- Are you having shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you experiencing any flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache, or fatigue?
- Have you experienced loss of taste or smell?
- Are you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
- Are you over 60 years of age?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, or any auto-immune disorders?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we’ll have a discussion with you to decide upon the best next steps to take care of your oral health.
Your health and safety is our top priority. We’re all in this together. Stay safe and be well.